Alpha Omega Safety LLC Code of Professional Conduct
Alpha Omega Safety LLC Safety Code of Professional Conduct echoes those of it’s membership obligation as a Member of American Society of Safety Professionals:
- Serve the public, employees, employers, clients, the Society, and the profession with fidelity, honesty and impartiality.
- In all professional relationships, treat others with respect, civility, and without discrimination.
- Abstain from behavior that will unjustly cause harm to the reputation of the Society, its members and the profession.
- Continually improve professional knowledge, skills, competencies, and awareness of relevant new developments through training, education, networking and work experiences.
- Consider qualifications before undertaking any professional activity and perform only those services that may be handled competently.
- Make informed decisions in the performance of professional duties that adhere to all relevant laws, regulations and recognized standards of practice.
- Inform all appropriate parties when professional judgment indicates that there is an unacceptable level of risk of injury, illness, property damage or environmental harm.
- Maintain the confidentiality of information acquired through professional practice that is designated or generally recognized as non-public, confidential or privileged.
- Accurately represent professional qualifications including education, credentials, designations, affiliations, titles and work experience.
- Avoid situations that create actual, potential or perceived conflicts between personal and professional interests, and if a potential conflict of interest arises disclose all applicable facts to potentially affected parties.