Drone Infrared Wind Turbine Blade Inspections
COMING SOON: Drone thermal wind turbine blade inspections including End of Warranty (EOW).
Alpha Omega Safety will soon be launching its state-of-the-art drone thermal/infrared wind turbine imaging and inspection program. Drone inspection of wind turbines offers the most up-close view of potential damage, to determine where further inspection or repair is needed. Drones take inspection of wind turbines to new levels of productivity, accuracy and safety!
Onsite inspection of wind turbine blades with drone thermal & optical inspection is also rapid – delivered in approximately 1 hour or less per turbine. And drones improve safety, reduce work-at-height risks, and decrease the man-hours and associated costs of manual inspection.
Features & Benefits of Drone Thermal Wind Turbine Blade Inspections:
• Determine blade end of life and depreciation
• Safety of personnel – no need for rope access
• Sharp and detailed photographs of defects
• Preventive maintenance planning
• Optimized production and engineer quality inspection
We can help you develop your own blade defects catalogue, providing different severity models for risk based asset management.
Thermal Camera Support inspections with maps from the air in real-time for :
• Tip repairs
• Erosion on the leading edge
• Trailing and leading edge splitting
• Lightning damage
• Laminate damage
• Replacement of retrofits
• Repair to cracks and faults
• Shipping and construction related damage
• End of Warranty (EOW) campaigns
Contact Alpha Omega Safety to discuss your wind turbine inspection needs.